we celebrated our 3rd marriage anniversary in ITC Grand Chola..A beautiful place for an experience to remember..I decided to rate it in different segments..
We went to the Madras Pavilion for Lunch..we went on a Sunday as they mention they have different packages for saturday dinner and sunday lunch menu..
The buffet is priced at different rates for with and without alcohol..see below:
INR 1955 +Taxes which comes with unlimited soft beverages and Mocktails
INR 2650++taxes with unlimited premium spirits and sparkling
INR 3850++ Brunch with unlimited premium spirits and Champagne
Ambiance and Look : very good..the building ..the structures..speaks volumes..it looks like a beautiful historical place..if you love to click ..please take your best camera..the Ambiance is also very serene, with dim lights..huge ..big lights..and many artifacts adorns the hotel
lets come to food, they have huge variety in food..from salads to south indian ..to thai and continental..awesome section for desserts..and if you love to explore your palate..there is plenty of delicacies like sushi and caviar and many other things..oasters
We went for non-veg buffet..the starters were really good with chicken kebabs, Prawns, lobsters, they were all amazing..
Things i liked :
- I just loved the chicken sausage soup..a must try
- prawns and lobsters were amazing
- main course were not that appealing ..
- pizza you should definitely try
- desserts are good..and tonnes of it..
few things that I didn’t like:
- when we entered the hotel ..there was no one to guide us and actually somebody told us Madras Pavilion was on 2nd floor..actually it is in the ground floor
- the waiter seem to be very ignorant..he actually didn’t know anything we asked..he was so puzzled ..
- the food arrangement is such that you will miss out eating most of the stuff..its vaguely scattered..and they have huge variety..
- the buffet my hubby selected had unlimited premium drinks but after serving twice they seemed very reluctant to serve more and finally said the bar was closed …very weird..
yes..the ambiance and everything is very beautiful ..I wish the service was better..the waiter was more confident..